Friday, October 20, 2006

God's Own Pin Cushion Heals All

Pinimages_1 A young man was admitted to a hospital in Lucknow, India with hundreds of pins and sewing needles pierced into his body. Anil Kumar Jha's lungs had been pierced by eight different needles and had begun to fill with pus. Doctors at George's Medical University removed them and reported being shocked that a man could survive with so many foreign bodies in his organs. Jha began inserting the needles into his body as a faith based treatment ten years ago after doctors told him that his daughter would never be able to walk.

"I began praying for my daughter's recovery, and one day a sadhu [saint] appeared in my dreams and asked me to pierce needles into my body and my daughter would recover. Since I had lost all hope, I began piercing needles into my skin and suddenly my daughter's condition began improving."

It has been ten years since he has embarked on his human to pincushion transformation. He inserts 2 to 3 needles into hands, feet, abdomen and chest every day. He says he prefers sewing needles as they hurt less than thicker objects.

[via Deccan Chronicle, print version]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home