Monday, September 18, 2006

Finding the Birth Certificate and Cyclopamine

The Baby's Certificate

With the help of Guru Subbaraman who was referred to me out of the blog camp initiative I have been able to locate the reference number for the one-eyed child's birth certificate. While the hospital refused my request to see the certificate, I have been amazed to discover that the corporation of chennai keeps many birth and death records online.

As a non-Indian I am still unable to request the document, but I know where to find it. Just about anyone but me can request it from the Corporation of Chennai in Egmore.

Child's Name: No name
Mother: Gomathi
Father: Nagaraj
Zone: 06
Division: 86A
Registration Number: 5891
Birth Date: July 29, 2006
Link to record

Cyclopamine for Sale
I was checking out information on my blog on tecnorati and there were two ads from compaies selling cyclopamine. It is quite expenisve (over $1650 per gram) but they ship anywhere in the world for "research purposes". In their defense, the notes on the drug state that it is a known teretogen and that it causes birth defects. Here are the company links: LC Laboratories and Logan Natural Products.

Tags: , ,

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2006 8:03 PM, Blogger Sunil Bajpai said...

Wow!

Since you already know all details from the birth certificate, getting a copy is merely a technicality. You also know that cyclopamine is teretogenic, so it could have caused the child's condition.

Now the questions to answer would be:

1. Was Gomathi administered this drug?
2. If so, was she made aware about the likely consequences?
3. Are there any other treatment options that could have/or should been considered for the condition for which Gomathi was being treated?

Gomathi can answer the first two questions; a competent doctor can give opinion on the third.

It seems you are on to something, Scott! You have my best wishes and support for the efforts you are putting!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home