Monday, August 28, 2006

Curry in a Hurry Takes Kanyakumari


Eight days of dodging drunk bus drivers, pot holes, goats, cows and crazed photojournalists and my team, Curry in a Hurry, has made it to the southern tip of India. It wasn't easy. In an upcoming entry I will try to give a full run down, but suffice it to say for now, we lived despite rolling the rickshaw off a mountain side in Covallum, blowing our dynamo in a tiger sanctuary on the border of Kerala, and having the breaks on my Enfield seize on while going 40 kph down a mountain road and nearly kissing the front fender of a bus.
Despite, or rather because of, the danger, it was the single most memorable road trip of my life and I hope to do it again next year. I have to thank the quick reflexes and stamina of my team Curry in a Hurry and give a hearty thanks to Sanjay Sinha, Cambel Berk, Eric Hamm and my wife Padma Govindan.

Enjoy the photos.
Team Curry in a Hurry
We couldn't fix our windshield, so we had to get rid of it.Ordinary road hazzards can sometimes mean mutton biryani for dinner.

5 Comments:

At August 28, 2006 1:06 PM, Blogger Prashant said...

>>my team, Curry in a Hurry, has made it to the southern tip of India<<
Amazing..Congratulations to team "Curry in a Hurry".

>>Eight days of dodging drunk bus drivers, pot holes, goats, cows and crazed photojournalists<<
travelling to moon must be sounding like a stark challenge after this :)

>>it was the single most memorable road trip of my life<<
I bet it was...will look forward for that "upcoming entry"

 
At August 28, 2006 1:21 PM, Blogger Govar said...

Looks like you had some fun... keep posting!

 
At August 30, 2006 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done and congratulations.

 
At September 03, 2006 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don´t mind about you risking your life but risking other users of the road lifes is punishable. Why don´t you go back to your own country , do the same and face heavy fines?

 
At September 03, 2006 9:09 AM, Blogger Scott Carney said...

"I don´t mind about you risking your life but risking other users of the road lifes is punishable. Why don´t you go back to your own country , do the same and face heavy fines?" - Aadil

That's a great idea. Lets deport every stupid--life endangering--driver in india to some other place. I nominate every bus driver in the country, and three quarters of all truck-wallas. While we're at it lets also get rid of every driver who thinks road rules mean playing chicken with oncoming traffic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home