Monday, July 24, 2006

Hoodwinked by Court TV

It was the perfect revenge story. In a blog that started only two months ago, a woman named Emily went from being happily married to discovereing that her "perfect" husband had been cheating on her with her best friend. Over the next couple weeks she decided to do everything in her power to extract her revenge. She put up a billboard with a note to her soon-to-be ex and destroyed his beloved stuffed animals. It was a great read--I even contacted her to possibly write a story about it--but then I began getting the feeling that perhaps the whole thing was a hoax.

It turns out that it is part of a viral marketing campaign by Court TV to promote some new TV show about divorce court. It read a little too much like Sex in the City to be true, but I have to admit that I taken in at first. The notorious bilboards were sighted in both LA and New York.

I am not sure if I am angry at the lie, or if somewhere inside I am sort of impressed.

2 Comments:

At August 09, 2006 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At August 11, 2006 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home